Re: New Person here...

Original poster: "Robert Evan Teet by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Techromaster-at-Techromaster-dot-com>

> Oh!!  that is probably the biggest one in the world ;-))

The size of that one scared me senseless and i had to ask myself when i saw
that... is this really a hobby when it gets to that level ;)

> I would suggest starting by scanning through the many Tesla coils in the
> Tesla coil web ring at:
>
> http://nav.webring.yahoo-dot-com/hub?ring=teslaring
>
> There are 300!! Tesla coil builders there showing off their coils.
>
> A good site that has the "details" is at:
>
> http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/
>
> You should also read that safety stuff at:
>
> www.pupman-dot-com
> http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Safety/safety.htm

Thank you for the sites, they have been bookmarked and im scanning through
them as we speak. I did learn a few things in the safety pages, and im sure
that will be quite helpful somewhere down the line ;)

> Tesla coil building is sort of a time vs. money thing.  If your have lots
> of time to look for stuff you can build one for like $1.  If you have
> little time, you might spend a couple of hundred bucks...  But everything
> is easily available one way or another.

Ive alloted myself  $150 for the design of my coil, i do hope thats enough
to achieve the 2 foot sparks you were talking about, and ive noticed that
most people on this list, from what i can see on the pupman subscrition
list, are from england. i do believe that would put a damper on the "Easily
accessable/affordable" issue, not many people around here appear to be in to
this.

> Neon transformers are all over the place.   If you can't find one
yourself,
> we all have extras :-))  They are sort of heavy iron so shipping costs for
> pig iron is the only limit.

Given the 2 foot sparks you are mentioning is there anyone around here who
could quote me a price including shipping to America. Im thinking a 15,000v
30ma neon transformer... unless anyone else has a better idea, im open for
suggestions.

> Starting is kind of a big deal, but everything is here for the asking :-))

I have be come intimately aware of the big deal ;) Thank you for the ability
to ask. I will probably be asking a lot of "dumb" questions in the near
future, so please bear with me.

Thank you once again
Robert Evan Teet