Re: Trans on ebay

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

I have one of these transformers myself. These are very interesting, but
for the average coiler the high frequency of operation will be the
downfall?
I have a few plans for the one i have, but just remember that the lowest
frequency that i've been able to operate it at was 400khz. I did get
some good results using an mot pulsed at 400khz and inputting this into
the primary.
I will pull the thing apart someday just to see what is inside though,
for it to be so light weight i'm thinking the core is a ferrite material
or something?
If anyone lives close enough to pick this thing up, it would be worth
the money just to get the nice housing and feed through insulators. The
housing is bolted together and could make a real nice mmc-in-oil case?
Take care,
Marc M.
Geek #1055
http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/