RE: First Light and More

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Aric, all:
Other than the exchanges of info that have passed back and forth between
Marc, Terry, and myself, they are few. I believe Alex Masden did one and he
has a photo or two on his web page. But I don't have the URL handy.
What I intend to do for the benefit of all is to 1. draw the schematic 2.
draw a parts cabling 3. list parts/dimensions, sizes. Then I can post this
to my spare web page so all can access it.
There is nothing critical about the gap I have learned. Marc kept saying so
but I didn't believe him. I kept thinking you had to be careful about
"something." Not true.
About the only thing you need to do is make sure the electrodes are kept
cool because the arc is a doozy!
So, if you write off list I can provide as much detail as applied to my
setup. Glad to do that. Then once I find a small chunk of time, I'll
assemble something for all...unless Marc and Terry do it first.
I will take closeup photos of the gap config tomorrow night with processing
(I use real film) on Thursday.
Hang in there.

Safety First

Ted