RE: Pacemaker. Flukes, and rf effects

Original poster: "Vanderputten, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gvp-at-pvaintl-dot-com>

I have recently run my 900w 15" coil as part of a production of the show
'Frankenstein' . The show was a success and the set was the star with many
ladders and the coil, which worked fabulously - 12-15 arcs to my RF ground.

Signs warned patrons of the potential danger to vital electronic medical
equipment. I had two patrons with pacemakers. I had them sit at 30 feet and
the other insisted that he wasn't concerned and sat at 15 feet. Neither
reported feeling anything.

Other electronic devices worked within 3 feet without adverse effects
(camcorders, digital cameras,  my Palm (yikes!). The lighting dimmer board
froze at 15 feet, fine at 25. However, the latest Fluke multi-meter could
not do a primary current or voltage calculation (regardless of distance)
without going all over the place when used on the NSTs and ultimately fried.
Very grateful for their guarantee. My cheap digital worked fine.

Gary