Oil Caps

Original poster: "Johnson, Jeffrey D -at- PWC by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jeffrey.d.johnson-at-l-3com-dot-com>

Greetings everyone,
I would really like to use the Geek caps everybody is so happy with but it
seems their availability is limited.  I only have a few things left to do to
finish my coil and can't wait several weeks.  The Panasonic caps in Terry's
web page (.056 uF, 1600V) caps are too expensive (according to MMCcalc I'm
over $100 for my planned cap).  So I was looking at oil as a dielectric.
Epsilon r of mineral oil is 2.22, tand < 0.0005 and infinite puncture
voltage.  I haven't seen any discussion of this on the list (I haven't been
on for that long however).  Any thoughts on feasibility, etc.  Oh yeah, any
design information?

Jeff Johnson
slc, ut