Re: 2 layer primary puzzle

Hi James,
          You might like to consider the following approach to tuning:

On 26 Sep 2001, at 22:13, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "James T by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jamest2000-at-att-dot-net>

>  Thanks to ALL you guys!
> I got to play with my 2 layer primary tonight. I was able to get the proper
> inductance by connecting the
> top/inner to the bottom/outer turns. I also fliped the bottom coil and that
> also did the trick, exactly
> as described.
>  I thought it was interesting that I could rotate the top coil and this
> would vary the inductance quite
> a bit. It would be a mechanical challenge the make an adjustable primary by
> rotating the two primarys
> about the axis.

You can significantly alter primary inductance by varying the
distance between the two layers. If you arrange to say lower the
bottom spiral you should be able to get a wide tuning range without
affecting pri-sec coupling too much.

Malcolm