circuit board caps

Original poster: "Janet Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpjmassage-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi,
Does anyone have an idea of what the dielectric breakdown voltage of PTFE or
other circuit board materials might be?  I asked a question about this a while
ago and then didn't consider it much further but we have a bunch of 10 to 30
mil thick, 2x3 foot sheets of sample material at work that we haven't used for
years.  If the dielectric could handle the voltage I think it would make a
viable tank cap.  You'd probably still want to encase it in oil and remove the
air though.  BTW how could you make a good vacuum seal?  Thanks for any
ideas...

JJ - SLC