Re: Secondary Question

In a message dated 9/28/01 2:14:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Marc,

This method will severely reduce the inductance.  To keep
the inductance high, some folks have wound their coil normally,
then wound another layer of wire over it, and connected the wires
at both ends to create a double layer of wire.  Although the
wire resistance is reduced, I doubt that much benefit is gained.
This is because the secondary resistance does not seem to
be all that critical.  Some have claimed a benefit, but did not
mention any % benefit figure as far as I know.  My guess is that
with a 40" spark, less than 1" would be gained by winding a
double winding, over over the other.  It is possible that no
spark length gain would be seen.

John