Re: Oil Caps

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Mike

You are lucky to have these cap. If my calculation are good for a
.015 uF a dielectric thickness of 1/4" assuming that the oil
relative permittivity is 2 you need 58 square feet of surface for
one plate that make a cap of more than a cubic foot. May be
"gigantic" is a little bite to mush ;-))

Oil cap have some good feature when well build like self healing.
I read that in high frequency wave could be disturbed by
convection occurring in the oil????

Cheers,

Luc Benard