Re: Re Re Re Re: Arc Welders as Rheostats?? Variac Mods...PLEASE!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <BillEaver-at-aol-dot-com>

Chris, I know how you feel, not being able to power the thing with the best
stuff. My counsel to you is to run it for now with one or two salt cells in
series.
This would at least get SOME arc's out of the thing. Also it would be cheap.
Also remember that this kind of equipment collecting can take quite a while.
Also some of the members on the list might not want to help as much if you
are just itching to kill your self on your first pig. They don't know how you
are,
heck, it took me 1.5 year to get my 50 amp 240VAC Variac and power the
thing in a super controllable manner like I wanted. Read all the old stuff
first
and take lots of time for the learning curve. Have fun and be safe.
Denis Despins
KC6TRW