arc quenching

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

 I was wondering if anyone knew and understood how the new "arc
sensing\arc quenching" circuits work in the new high voltage power
supplies?
 Not knowing myself, I can't help to think it could be something useful
if it could be incorporated into the sync triggered spark gap?
The power supplies i saw with these features were from dc - 60kv. It
could be easier quenching the low currents of the supply, but i thought
i would mention it, If only to get a few "gears" turning?
Take care,
Marc M.