Starting with a secondary first?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Dan_Gallagher%PULSARNOTES-at-pulsartech-dot-com>

Hi folks,
I don't care what anyone says you people seem like scientists to me. Well,
anyway, I feel I'm close to obtaining an NST.

Question: there's this big coil here in my office and I would like to know
if it can be used as a secondary in a TC.

It looks as if the form (tube) is made of 1/8" G10 type material.
It is 27" tall (can be shortened), 8.5" wide (air core) and has windings on
19" of the total length with 4" of empty space (no windings) at each end.
It appears to be wound with something like 14awg magnet wire.
I think it used to be an inductor of some type in the electrical industry.

Can I use this for a secondary and if so could someone tell me what the
primary specs would have to be?
And where do you get 1/4" copper tubing?

Thanks
Dan in Ft. Lauderdale