Re: E-field pics

Hi Chris,

It may have been Andy's page at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/andrewb/models/models.htm

Those are E-Tesla6 simulations:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/E-Tesla6.zip

E-Tesla6 is a simple easily complied C program (public domain with source
included).  All one needs to do is to rework the coil geometry a little and
figure out a fairly close voltage profile to put on it.  Then the program
could crank through the voltage field calacultations.  This is like number
45896045 on my list of things to do :o))  It may be a little tricky in that
flat coils always have a substantial dielectric base plate that will
significantly distort the fields.  However, that is probably not a big deal
for just a "sort of close pretty picture".  The program outputs a large
array of voltage values that can be imported into Excel or MathCad to make
really nice pictures.  the new version of MathCad make the best I have seen
so far.

I am not sure there is a resonably simple formula for the voltage profile
across the coil yeat.  I am not sure what one would even guess at.  I think
Paul figured this out but I was not following closely (bad me).  But you
really just set that profile across the array and the program whould do the
rest.

Cheers,

	Terry