RE: magnifier vs two coil system

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

John said: "My point is that what works for magnifiers, works equally
well for two coil systems, and vice versa."

I agree totally. The kVA Effects Model 8M (magnifier) uses almost all of
the same parts as
the Model 8J (two coil system). The power system capacitor, spark gap
and primary coil
(read coupling) are identical between both systems. The arc length and
arc
characteristic are identical as well.

Jeff Parisse
kVA Effects