RE: SSTC As a transmitter.

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> It is my understasnding that Tesla was trying to
> mimic the earth's
> electrical system of which lightning is a part. This
> system does not use
> hertzian waves and Tesla made a point of this fact.
> This system uses
> currents that flow thru the ionosphere as one
> conductor and the earth as the
> other. These two conductors are connected by
> currents flowing thru the
> atmosphere during fair weather and by lightning
> strikes during storms.
>
> The lightning strikes are a fantastic automatic
> voltage control method of
> keeping the earth to ionosphere voltage at a certain
> level. When the voltage
> is too high there are more lightning strikes and
> vise versa. Tesla said he
> had worked out the details but never revealed what
> these details were.
>
> John Couture
>
> -------------------------------
>

> Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry
> Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>
>
> Ed wrote:
> > since he proposed to transmit power by "non
> hertzian"
>
> Was that idea down to Tesla?  I'd always just
> assumed that
> particular bit of nonsense had been pinned on him by
> subsequent
> generations of cranks.  Was Tesla claiming that some
> other
> fundamental mechanism was at work here?  If so he
> must have been
> further from reality than I thought.
>
> --------------------   snip

---
Paul,John,

Tesla was probably trying to explore what sudden HV
subsequent kicks can do in way of transmiting
electrical power tru the system Earth & high
atmosphere layer.He seemingly beleived that by using
enormous power (read big voltage & current pulses) in
controled fashion might be fruitful (dischargin big
tower at rate say 6 Hz in ground and clouds
respectively)  .In other words he had some indication
that such natural circuit may beheave like todays
electronic components if large enough kick
applied.Possibly,he asked from Morgan a significant
portion of aditional money for such research admiting
him that Long Island station wasn't intended only for
comunication purposes but large experiments.For that
he intended to give much more power to tower than
orginaly 300-400 kw and needed much more money than
promised to get.

 .Morgan refused ,and that was end of story as we know
today.Especially,after Marconi succes ,Morgan didn't
see any reason to give any money further.

Regards,
Boris