Atmospheric Exploration Re: SSTC As a transmitter.

>>If Tesla was setting out to explore the earth and atmosphere's
>>electrical response by pinging it (Er, I guess ping is too small
>>a word for this scale!) then that would be something we can
>>really understand and approve of, even today.  That would count
>>as a meaningful and interesting program of research.
	There is a constant program of research in this area,

	with RF sounders running, satellite observations,
	etc.  Tesla appeared to use both 'passive': looking
	at effects from natural lighting strokes and 'active':
	sending his own pings.

> A lightning strike is much like a "ping"...  Not sure how to measure it
> with a flat broadband instrument.  Maybe a very tiny antenna since the
> power is so high.  Or maybe the ground currents are what is important.

	Both, and others.  Web search on 'atmospheric electricity'
	and related subjects will lead to much.
	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...