Re: Using a tree as an RF ground !!!!!

> I would think for all that work and DAMAGING the tree,

	cf below.

> it would easier to pound a few rods into the ground.

	Yep.  And more effective.

> Wouldn't that be a better ground and NOT hurt the
> tree?
	The nails don't hurt the tree to speak of.

	The stray current is more risky.

> I would never put a bunch of nails into a tree.
	The tree won't mind.  Honest.

	In my grandfather's yard was a 75 year old tree.
	A piece of pipe was in it, for reasons even
	then  lost, about 25 feet up.  Its 40 years later,
	the tree is still there, healthy.  That pipe has
	been in there for 70 years anyway.

	House i grew up in had remnants of barb wire
	fence all around.  Some were stapled (fence staples,
	not the wussy little desk top things) to trees
	as fenceposts.  The trees simply keep growing,
	calmly growing around staples, fence wire and
	all.  Trees are still there, quite healthy.

	The risk (as discussed previously) to the tree
	is that the current will heat and 'cook' the
	sapwood of the tree.  The outer layer of the
	tree is the most living part, carrying nutrients
	up and down.  Disrupt THAT, along its entire
	length and area, with current and damage can be
	done.

--
	best
	dwp