Re: Calculation of PFC Capacitors using LTR Capacitor

In a message dated 8/3/02 8:48:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>     Does anyone have any before/after measurements of the line current
> drawn by an operating TC which show a significant difference?

Ed,

I used a common clamp on ammeter, and it showed a substantial
difference in the input current to an NST powered Tesla coil, depending
on whether the PFC was used or not.  I don't know if the PFC could
have improved the waveform and fooled the meter.  I seem to remember
6 amps without PFC, 4 amps with PFC, something like that.  I have
the figures written down, so I can look them up.  I thought Terry
and others did some comparison measurements also?

Cheers,
John