Re: coherers

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>         .... the point was that the detail chemical composition

Possible too. Contaminants may be important, or even temperature
of the powder resulting from the filing.

>         It 'decoheres' due to power removal (like an SCR) rather
>
>         than thru mechanical action.
>         Do classic coherers decohere on removal of power?
>         My recollection is they do...

My coherers don't. They also "cohere" without DC bias across them.
They change resistance once triggered, and keep the condition until
being shaken.
But there were coherers that would decohere spontaneously some time
after triggered, without need of tapping. Some old texts mention
a kind of coherer used by the Italian navy that had this property.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz