Re: Power Relay Group Purchase

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 8/4/02 1:18:59 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> As indicated in the a/c switches thread, remote, low voltage
>  control of a power relay or contactor (same thing different name)
>  is the proper, safe way of controlling your Tesla coil.

A power contactor is fine for energizing the line voltage to the coil,
but I use a variac for testing and tuning at reduced power and for
safely increasing the power to the coil. I would not apply full power
instantaneously.

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman