Re: Calculation of PFC Capacitors using LTR Capacitor

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

> Yes, but you started talking about parallel caps at the secondary .  . .
>
> Dan
>
> > As for the parallel capacitor in the secondary, of course as far as the
> > power line charging from the transformer it IS in parallel; the gap
> > across the transformer does compete the SERIES RF circuit. By the way, I
> > thought the discussion was about the PRIMARY circuit.
> >
> > Ed

	While I thought the subject was capacitors in the primary when I wrote
my original note, remember that the tank capacitor is connected to the
transformer secondary in series with the tank inductor.  At 50 or 60 Hz
the reactance of the latter is nil, so the charging circuit really is a
parallel configuration.

Ed