RE: MOT vs. 0pen-frame transformer

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Insulation can be improved somewhat by applying hot glue or similar
substance to the critical area.
Dave Hartwick

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ggreen-at-gwtc-dot-net>

Your talking about floating the secondary above the core. The insulation at
the bottom of the secondary is not substantial. There is the chance of
arcing to the core if there is not intervention with extra insulation. Some
people on the list have done what you propose and gotten away with it.

Godfrey Loudner