RE: Check the Archives

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I'd like to add my voice to this request.  But further, I think many might
not know how to check the archives.  To check the archives, go to
www.pupman-dot-com, and click on the "Search the site including the list
archives" link in the left-most frame.  A Google search engine interface
will appear in the main frame.  Make sure the "Search www.pupman-dot-com "
button is set.

My other gripe is following a post announcing that an individual has
something for sale, folks often just hit the reply button, asking a
question about the item.  Bear in mind that this sends the question to all
800+ list members who have no interest in hearing your question.  PLEASE,
just send such questions and comments ONLY to the individual who originated
the post, not to the List.

OK, less whining, more sparking...
Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<megavolt121-at-attbi-dot-com>

I've been on this list now for probably 3 years now with
a 9 month break in between. What I've realized though is
that probably 1/2 of the questions asked today were
asked last year, and then the year before. Getting my
mailbox flooded everyday is good and bad(keeps me busy
for a while), but after a while, seeing the same
question asked over and over gets old. What I'm saying
is that we have an archive that goes back years ago. If
you have a question that you think is common(i.e. how to
depot an NST, how to wind a coil), do a search on the
archives first. I'm betting you'll find a lot more info
on what you want in the few seconds that search takes
then waiting a day for a few responses on here. You'll
get your answers faster and we'll keep less posts on
here.