Re: Electrical Oscillators in Space

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Dwight.Crider-at-regulusgroup-dot-com>

Hey Malcolm,
Actually, I've not rejected either, just speculating.  The thoughts come to
possible plasma? segments being "sucked' through the appropriate elements
and sent further into the environment - longer sparks?, or possibly ,
adding a few feet to the streamers. Even if possible, it seems that it
would be tricky, involved; to attract the streamers, and prior to impact,
achieve isolation (element geometry?) to allow the streamers to continue.
(Somewhat analogous to the electron gun in a crt) Experiments could be
conducted with the smaller units to determine feasibility. I think the key
questions to be answered are those involving the dynamic nature and
interactions of the streamers.  What causes a streamer to branch, or veer
horizontally. We are pretty sure that heat-ionization influences upward
veering. It seems that once the nature of the streamers is understood, an
accelerator would be possible, although it may not be feasible. (Tokomak?)
The thought also came to mind that some type of laser might provide a path
to extend a streamer. If this proved  successful, how about a strike ring
for your laser? This sight and the discussions are fascinating with
constant challenges to absorption and learning.
Regards,
Dwight

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Dwight,
           Are you talking about accelerating (i.e. speeding up)
streamer formation or are you talking about directing or piping them
in some direction?

Regards,
malcolm