Re: Y doesnt coupled voltage go straight to ground-Check the Archives

> I am a newbie coiler and have been a member of the
> list for a month now.

> For example, why doesnt the coupled voltage/current go
> straight down the secondary ground and dissipate into
> the earth.

	This is basic electricity, rather than Tesla specific.

	First:
	The current behaves differently from the voltage.
	The secondary inductance blocks/reduces/limits
	current to earth.  This causes voltage to rise
	at the top.	(can be phrased differently)
	To some extent the mag field causes the
	voltage to appear at the top (non rigorous
	phrasing.)

> I assume the current is attracted to the earth ground thru

> either a magnetic field or a gravitational pull.

	Neither.  Again, this is basic electricity, rather
	than Tesla coil specific.  Excess electrons (pushed
	out there by the primary field) will try to flow
	both ways (they flow away from each other)

> If you plunge water up a pipe, and retract the plunger,

> the water comes back down the pipe upon reversal due to

> suction and gravity.

	Neither of which strongly affects electrons,
	however, to stay with the analogy, which may be
	useful.

> Doesn't the reversal part of the oscillation in the

> secondary have some type of voltage pull on the topload???
	Indeed.  The voltage on the top terminal rises and

	falls.  Current does leave the base of the coil.
	However this takes time.

	For the case where breakout occurs: consider the pipe
	instead of a cap, it has a balloon.  Push it HARD
	enough and the balloon bursts.

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...