Re: coherers

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "colin.heath4 by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <colin.heath4-at-ntlworld-dot-com>

> hi
>     s/s is magnetic depending obviously on the amount of each ingredient
> if you have a good quality knife for hunting and the such it will be
> magnetic as it has a high carbon content to improve the hardness of the
> material cheaper blades will not (generally speaking)
> good stainless steel as in anticorrosion properties is not magnetic

	That's interesting.  My favorite Buck pen knife has SS blades, is hard
enough to be difficult to sharpen, and is strongly magnetic.  I have
another unbranded pen knife with SS blades (says SS on the base of the
blade) which is even harder to sharpen and is non-magnetic. ??????

Ed