RE: Check the Archives

Hi All,

I "asked" my mail software (Microsoft "NOT") to put all the post's since
late 1999 to a few minutes ago into a single file....

Two minutes later...

All the Tesla list's 44,123 posts from June 6, 1999 to a few minutes ago
were placed into a single 92,440,000 byte file.  It zipped to 'only'
23,622,000 bytes...

I stuck it at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Archives/TeslaList.zip

So all the Tesla coil information on Earth is in that file... Somewhere
:-))  If you have like 93,000 sheets of paper, you could print it out!  I
did open it up in Windows 2000 notepad, but it took like 5 minutes to open.
 I found that the letter pattern "burp" appeared only five times... ;-)  If
you could read a page in 20 seconds, it's only 23 straight 24 hours days of
reading ;-))  Golly, it seemed a LOT long longer than that to 'me' over the
years :o))

So if you are into extracting gold from tons of odd bytes of data, have at
it!  There ain't no copyrights or anything like that.  If one could extract
the key posts, you could write the best Tesla coil book ever just with just
cut and past!!  I would be happy to burn it to CD ROM and send it to anyone
who thinks they could make something of it.

The headers should be fairly well defined so a simple filter program could
extract the best posts from trusted posters (like me :o))) with just a
simple filter program.  You could eliminate posts from people you hate ;-)
So, the world is your oyster ;-))

BTW - hot-streamer-dot-com has gotten pounded pretty hard lately.  If you can't
get through, try back a little latter.  Someone from Europe was downloading
like the entire site today from a 50 gillion killow byte per nanosecond
connection...  If you want the "whole darn thing", let me burn it onto CD
ROM and send it to you rather then burn up the net with bandwidth ;-))  I
think it is about 2 gigabytes these days, or three cd's...

Cheers,

	Terry