Re: An extremely good MOSFET driver

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

Dan (& all)-

I'm afraid I still have to disagree:  If Q6 is an ordinary PNP biploar,
it has a diode junction between base and collector that will conduct in
its forward direction when the base is negative with respect to the
collector.  That condition is surely going to happen every 1/2 cycle.  I
believe Q6 needs a base resistor.  Once you were to provide that, you'd
need a diode across Q5's b:e junction to keep that from zenering.  Or,
just put the resistor in series with the lead from the transformer and
keep the bases tied together.

KCH