Re: Possible capacitor

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

luckily any real vendor such as Digi-Key and Richarson sells to anybody.

KEN

And I don't, I sell a very few things to a very select group of people. I'm
not interested in getting rich selling electronics to hobbiests. I'm
interested in doing my part to educate and help build a specific niche
hobby. I have neither the desire nor the time to sell 10,000 caps a week. I
have no problem helping the community a bit, and if I can work out deals for
caps, magnet wire, carbide, etc to help people, cool.

It's just a part of my job, not a career unto itself. I sell caps for the
same reason that I volunteer to mentor newbie climbers, because I believe in
the sport. I've worked exceedingly hard for many years to teach and better
the coiling community. I do this because I believe in it. I'm not a
pro-coiler, I'm not making a living at it. I don't like getting flack
everytime someone has a sale and they caps are $0.20 cheaper than mine,
fine, if they have a better deal, do it, but don't email me telling me how
much I suck because my prices on the one thing I'm selling aren't as good as
the price on one product of a supplier that carries 50,000 other things,
lol. I didn't expect to sell MMCs this long, if the market changes and I
can't work out a better deal with CD then I'll simply drop them. If someone
comes along with a better deal, then I, like Terry before me, will simply
stop selling them. The only person out here who has a right to give me any
kind of grief is Terry. He's the only one that's been through the joys of
having to box, ship and handle thousands of caps. And I have sold more caps
in a MONTH that he did all together. It's a 3 person job here, I have half a
basement full of various Priority-Mail boxes. I have a 4-drawer file cabinet
half full of postal reciepts and orders, and I have a couple hundred emails
of people that are thrilled because my caps helped them to make a little
magic happen. THAT'S why I do it. I get a rush from watching people learn
things, it's my thing to see (and help) them succeed.

That's why I own The Geek Group.

That's why I help people get caps.

That's why I've given away, over $400,000 in electronics, computers, and
scientific equipment in the past 6 years (much to members of this list).

That's why the odds are that any coil you look at made in the past year has
a set of Geek Group caps in it, if it's of MMC construction the odds are
overwhelming that they came through these doors.

That's why I've sent several hundred kids home with computers that they've
built from parts that would have otherwise been filling landfills.

That's why 16 community centers, churches, and assorted other similar places
in SW Michigan all have Geek Group Computers.

That's why Jerry and Vern Szudera have a brand new set of computers less
than a week after their business burned to the Ground (they've been a
sponsor and close friend for 7 years).

That's why when you sit in one of a dozen planetariums in the US you're
listening to my voice for an hour (I volunteer to do the voice-over work
with my own studio for several small planetariums).

Maybe I'm not a "Real" vendor, but as far as me, and 281 of my closest
friends, I think we're doing just fine.

Direct the flame to //dev/null-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org, I have better things to do.

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

"He had that rare weird electricity about him--that
extremely wild and heavy presence that you only see in
a person who has abandoned all hope of ever behaving
normally." --Hunter S. Thompson

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn-dot-com