Re: Possible capacitor

Hi Chris,

I dont think anyone ment to put you down or anything :-)  Of course you
don't sell the "anybody" but Tesla coilers or else you would get orders
from all kinds of strange places wanting caps.  It's one thing to buy caps
to help people build coils, but to buy caps to someplace can build TVs just
is not why we do it ;-))

With the electronics industry slowing down, prices are generally falling
now as opposed to 2000 when they were skyrocketing.  So more places are
willing to sell stock at almost original cost.

I think you sell them for the same "profit" margin I did.  Break even or
slightly less ;-))  I did have a price increase once to cover gas, boxes,
and packing tape too but I think I still lost a couple of bucks in the long
run.  No big deal since we don't sell them to make money.

Just like you put me out of business by selling cheaper caps, maybe some
can take you out too ;-))  Of course, with zero profit, all that means is
that you have more time on your hands :-)  I can assure you that I don't
miss the "business" at all :-))

Originaly, we had the advantage in that we could buy the caps in large
quantity for far less money than any other way of getting them.  I took out
the caps "I" wanted and just sold the rest to people at my cost.  One
simply could not find caps in small quantities at wholesale prices.  In
fact, there were times when you could not get caps at any price back then.
Apparently, now some "big time" venders are trying to steal the business
:o)))  Of course, our "breakeven" profits look good to them right now in
that they may have stock just sitting on shelves which costs them a lot of
money.  It's actually cheaper for them to sell dead stock at no profit than
to let it sit in warehouses.  In fact, they would probably sell it to us in
bulk even cheaper ;-))

Of course, once that stock is gone, there is no reason for them to ever
order more.  Thus, I think any "great deals" are going to be pretty short
lived out there.  You may loose a little short term business, but in the
long run they can't compete with you ;-))  When the bottom line numbers
come in, you will drive them all right out of buisiness. :-)))

I guess you could call MMC sales a "recesion proof" and "competiton proof"
business :o))

Cheers,

	Terry