Re: Archive index--maybe?

Hi Ralph,

At 08:47 PM 8/9/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/9/02 6:47:31 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>writes:
>
>Terry,
>
>As evidenced below, you seem to have an unlimited knowledge of what is in the
>archives.

I have read everyone of the 44000 posts.  I know that the perfect answer is
there.  But I can never find it.  The Google search thing at pupman does
not seem to be able to easily find "that" post I "know" is there,
somewhere...  I have no index or magic method other than memory and it's
going fast 0:-))

On the bright side, that 24Meg file has been a very popular download so
maybe someone can figure it out.  "I" was thinking of doing it but the OLTC
takes priority and others are far better at program writing than me to make
the filters that would reduce it down to the good stuff.

I can never find those "great" equations like the PFC cap formula.  I know
I should write it down or something but...  However, if one were to search
on the exact phrase "Where:", they should pop up since I used that as a
prelude to defining the variables.  A very unique phrase in those posts.
Lots of possibilities there.  "I" probably know more about the patterns
than most, but others are far better at big data base stuff than me.  I
would probably use BASIC...  I don't think the import wizard in excel will
do it :o))  We'll se what people come up with.  My brother is a big data
base guru so I know that wonderful tools are out there.  But they take skill...

>Do you have some sort of subject index that you refer to? Even if it is only
>for items that
>you have posted, it would be very helpful to make the index available to the
>list. The archives need a subject index.

Cheers,

	Terry