Re: Differential triggered gap

Original poster: "Daniel Barrett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dbarrett1-at-austin.rr-dot-com>

    Hi Robert!
    Thanks for the response. I probably should have mentioned that I have
capacitors before the choke as well. I put these in after the first couple
of diode arrays fried ;). They are not as big as I'd like, but 'parts are on
order'. They do a reasonable job of killing the worst of the transients *so
far*

(per side)                    9mH
--------------D|--------^^^^^-----------|
                           |                            _ 1/2 of MMC (90nF)
                           -                            _
                           -  .002 / 20kV      |

 -circuit is mirrored below ground for negative rail.

    But a smaller choke would have less of a trisient supressing effect,
wouldn't it?
I'm finding that my rectifiers were dying not of overcurrent but from high
dv/dt on their cathodes when reverse-biased. We really need fast-recovery
rectifiers here...
db