[Fwd: OLTC update]

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Terry wanted me to forward this to the list while he is sleeping...

The OLTC thing is getting bigger...MUCH BIGGER, then anyone
would have predicted.  Like dynamic tuning by controlling how
many IGBT's are switching (controling the tank C).  Would
now require the CEEC structure I mentioned in a previous
post to allow bidirectional isolation.  The IGBT / capacitor
structures can now be modularized for plug in into busbars
from primaries, which is exactly the same design feature
used on high power Klystron drivers for linear accelerators.

Another point is potentially (no pun) scale up to truly enormous
power capabilities.  Now if we could just get the voltages up,
so we could reduce tank losses (i^2r and proximity)...

Best Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA