Re: electronic damage

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "C.L. Mayeux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<poohbear1961-at-cox-dot-net>

> Perhaps what you need is a device called a "kickback preventer", which is
> described on pages 32 and 33 of "Tesla Coil Secrets, Construction Notes, And
> Novel Uses"
> by R.A. Ford (ISBN #0-917914-31-7)
>
> I have conveniently place a picture of these pages at...
> http://members.cox-dot-net/cajuncoiler/Images/kickback.jpg (136,218 bytes)
>
> ---
> C.L. Mayeux

	"Kickback preventers" have been around for a very long time.  They're
mentioned in ham radio books as early as 1910!

	Something I have seen in the old magazines more than once is a report
of fires due to "kickback" arcing over a light receptable and causing a
power line arc with molten copper and brass, etc.  Of course, those guys
were using spark transmitters hooked to a big antenna, so the coupling
to the power line may have been direct from the antenna.

Ed