RE: Chicago Teslathon??

Original poster: "Mike Doyle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mdoyle-at-CHERRYCORP-dot-com>

Hi All,

I'm in Zion, IL about an hour north of Chicago. I am on an acre lot but it is
mostly wooded so there is not a lot of open space and it's a 100 year old farm
house so the available power is limited to about 240 VAC 50 A, single phase.
Maybe if we all took turns ;-)

I have a truck and some spare transformers (including a pig) if anyone wanted
to come but needed assistance.

I go to church with a lot of farmers in the Richmond, IL, Genoa City, WI area -
that would provide the open space and the power, then I would just have to
figure out how to explain to them what it is we want to rent the property for!

Mark, did you ever figure out any ways TC's can be used to glorify the Lord?

Best Regards,

Michael Doyle - Senior Lab Technician
Cherry Electrical Products
11200 88th Ave, P.O. Box 581913
Pleasant Prairie, WI  53158-0913
Phone: (414) 942-6627
Fax: (414) 942-6334
EMAIL: <mdoyle-at-cherrycorp.htm>mdoyle-at-cherrycorp-dot-com
http://www.cherrycorp-dot-com/
-----Original Message-----  From:   Tesla list [SMTP:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]  Sent:
Monday, August 12, 2002 9:00 AM  To:     tesla-at-pupman-dot-com  Subject:
Chicago Teslathon??

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Steve, Ken, Terry and all,  There are a number of coilers in the Chicago area,
some on the List, and  most not on the list. They include Dr. John Gudenas
(VTTC), myself (10"  Classic Coil), Jeff Larson (10" Classic Coil), Brad
DiGiovini, and Tedd  Payne. Others whom I've not yet met include Ken Kanno,
David Thomson,  Steve Ward, and Terry Blake . Any others that we're
missing??Best regards,  -- Bert ---- Bert HickmanStoneridge Engineering
"Electromagically" Shrunken
Coins!<http://www.teslamania-dot-com>http://www.teslamania-dot-com

Hi,

Does anyone see any possibility in a Chicagoland Teslathon??  Id definitely be
interested, and currently have 3 coils.  A small VTTC with an 811A with a
measly 4" spark.  I have a coil powered by a 12/30 that gives a very loud 21"
arc.  And lately i have my large coil.  1800VA with over 5 foot arcs.  Im
drawing about >20A since the NSTs are lousy in the name of power consumption.
Maybe we could get a list going, with even the hopes of some kind of
get-to-gether.  Im only 17 so i cant be the one to organize such an event.  If
anyone is interested in hosting a teslathon say within 1.5 hours of chicago, id
likely be able to go.  I also have a friend Steve Klec, who would probably be
interested in such an event.  He has an 8" coil that was throwing about 4.5
feet, but he is now without transformers.  Maybe he will have something to
offer in the near future.  Id like to see some other coils, and there
builders.  And all of my coils are portable.

Steve Ward.

friends online, try MSN Messenger:
<http://messenger.msn-dot-com>http://messenger.msn-dot-com