Re: My Basement ground system: Your opinions

Davep: hot water pipes are not as good as cold for several reasons mainly
the are isolated to conserve heat loss. Years past the town I lived in had
central steam heat supplied by the mine complex. The mine died and so did
the town. The steam pipes were insulated in the ground, but went through the
whole town. Boy what a counterpois ground that made. Large massive ground
piping, insulated, but  oh what large size mile after mile in all
directions. It wasent ideal, but size made up for all the little ideal
defects like resistance.
  Robert  H