Re: My Basement ground system: Your opinions

(Hint:

I have been known to do thermal design for a living...
8)>> )

> Davep: hot water pipes are not as good as cold for

> several reasons mainly the are isolated to conserve

> heat loss.

	Indeed.  and the ones specifically mentioned
	are embedded in a concrete slab, for heating
	purposes.  One infers they are not, here,
	insulated, either thermally or electrically.
	Concrete is a good conductor (of both
	electricity and heat).  If in contact with the ground
	(may be thermally insulated) would make a nice rf
	ground (huge area....).  My concern is that stray
	RF can ge back, via the heating system, to Other Places.

> Years past the town I lived in had central steam heat supplied

> by the mine complex.

	A Really Bad Place to inject RF into the heating system
	I'd think....  Unless it were abandoned....

> The mine died and so did the town. The steam pipes were insulated

> in the ground, but went through the whole town.

	In such an installation, they would be.

> Boy what a counterpois ground that made. Large massive ground
> piping, insulated, but  oh what large size mile after mile in all
> directions. It wasn't ideal, but size made up for all the little ideal
> defects like resistance.

	I bet....

	best
	dwp