Toploads was: RE: Neighbors and noise

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

In essesence
A topload can be any smooth hollow metal object  that provides a
capacitance, Electric charge will jump from sharp points...
I liked useing my Orange soda can...It helped me learn how to tune, but
didnt provide enough capacitance to shield the  top of my secondary. Meaning
when useing the can sparks also leeked out of the top turn of wire on the
secondary.

hollow out of necessity and practicality.
For example, a solid aluminum toroid would weigh probably over a few hundred
pounds depending on size as well as cost an enormous amount of moolah.

Dan