Re: Spawning a 12 pulser

I think the advice is more aimed at distribution transformers, where you
don't have as much control over the load side.  Check the North report.. he
has a bunch of info about various rectifier schemes and distribution
problems or lack thereof.

The usual advice is that wye wye connections wind up with regulation (read
voltage drop) problems, because of unequal distribution of currents in the
legs.  They use a device called a "neutral forming" or "Z winding"
transformer to fix it (also can be used to form a Neutral on a delta
connection).

Someone posted a link on power factor correction recently on the beowulf
list (in connection with running many PCs off three phase Y connected power
(120Y/208)) and that site had a great explanation of the source impedance,
harmonic current, and so forth, problems that arise feeding capacitive
input filter/rectifiers off three phase power.  It had a good discussion of
low and high harmonics, etc.

http://www.mirusinternational-dot-com/pages/q&a_fr.html is the link...