Re: Pole pigs

Original poster: "Chip Atkinson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chip-at-pupman-dot-com>

You could use a huge capacitor like they use on power poles.  I've heard
of that being done before.  You could also look at garage sales and in the
classified ads for used arc welders.  I have heard of others winding their
own inductors.  Another possibility is using a high power resistor such as
an oven heating element.  You can put several in series and parallel to
control the current going through.  You could probably also use a bunch of
NSTs in parallel with the HV ends shorted out.

Chip