New on the list -HV probe Q's

Original poster: "JOEL ANDERSSON by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <becka.joel-at-swipnet.se>

Hi all!
My name is Joel Andersson, living in Sweden. (Am I the only swedish coiler on
the list?)
Actually I've been on the list for a while, but only reading.I have built a
small OBIT-powered coil with ~5" arcs to gnd. (That's before I thought "Well
let's open up the safety gap just a liiittle bit more" and killed my OBIT:-( ).
So now I'm looking for at least one "friend" to the MOT I already have.

Anyway, I went to a second hand shop this morning and found a HV probe, but
there was no instructions of any kind with it so I have some questions:
What range should I use on my DMM?
Maximum voltage?
Safety?
Oh, almost forgot, It's a Fluke 80K-40  That's the only useful I can get out of
the plate. The probe is about 25cm (10") long not including the handle, and
there is a sticker that says it's calibrated in november 1987.

Joel