Re: Wild Idea OLTC - Split core inductors

Hi Richard,

I tried this:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTC08-17-01.gif

Both caps charge to 100 volts each but the diodes between them won't allow
current to flow.  The output terminals are the same as the output of the
first bridge rectifier.

I tried to fix this by putting the IGBTs between the caps and fire the
IGBTs on the zero voltage crossing:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTC08-17-02.gif

Problem here is that the primary coil is directly across the output of the
bridge rectifier.  It draws about 5000 amps off the AC line ;-)

The whole thing seems promising, but I just don't see how to make it work.

Cheers,

	Terry