Re: Primary Resonant Frequency question . . .

Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>

Dan,

    I would agree with John here and go ahead and buy/make some sort of
variable inductor.  The one that I have always used since I started this hobby
can be seen here:
<http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/files/hv/rollerinductor.jpg>http://users.rcn.
com/tcobaugh/files/hv/rollerinductor.jpg  When I use this with my big coil, I
had to modify it slightly, and I use a long piece of 3/4 PVC pipe to turn it.
It makes tuning a cinch, you can see if you need more or less inductance by
simply tuning it, and it makes it really easy to tune off frequency to
compensate for streamer loading.  The inductor was bought by my dad when he
first got his ham license to be used in an antenna matching device.  TTYL

Cheers,

Andy C.
Internet Homepage:
<http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/>http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/