Re: Primary Resonant Frequency question . . .

Hi John, Dan,

Tesla list wrote:

<FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

> In a message dated 8/18/02 1:40:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>
> Dan,
>
> I'm surprised the frequency is different than that suggested
> by the calculations.  If you used a computer program such as
> Bart's JavaTC, it should be reasonably accurate.  Terry's
> Tesla E-6 program gives very good results for the topload
> capacitance.

Dan used Tesla Coil Cad. But regarding ET (E-Tesla6), I just thought I
would throw
an example your way. John C. and I have been doing some efficiency tests (lamp
tests) which is working out nicely. I'm ready now to go onto a smaller coil
now. So
I designed a small coil last night. After all was said and nearly done, I
ran ET
just to check the affect of the top load. The end result was my toroid
capacitance
had to be reduced by 37% from it's free space value.

Note, due to the coil size, the toroid size, and the surroundings, the
resonator
capacitance can change dramatically or slightly. ET is the only way I know
of to
make this check before anything is built. ET wasn't designed specifically
for this
purpose, but it comes in very handy.

Take care,
Bart