Re: NEED HELP! Something isn't right

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Your NST checks make me think the NST is fine.

Hmmm...almost sounds like you punctured your tank cap,
though I don't see how you could have ruined a whole
string of those sturdy, self-healing snubbers at once.

Try firing your vortex gap all alone--without the MMC
in the circuit. Then hook up the MMC and see what
happens.

Another idea: Maybe your NST could just barely fire
the vortex gap because the big 25nF MMC load is
dragging the voltage down far below 15kvac. Once the
vortex gap faces got a bit dirty from firing, the
overloaded NST could no longer bridge the gap. Try
closing down the vortex gap a little and see what
happens.

25nF with a single 15/60? Why so big? That's bigger
than the usual LTR, isn't it?

Regards,

> Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>
>

> Cheers,
>
> Andy C.
> Internet Homepage: http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/

=====