The 12 pulser.

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

Thanks to Jim, for reminding me of the North Report, which reveals, that
12 pulsers are the way to go, when the purpose is to get DC in
abundance.

Connecting the coils in a Delta and a Y would risk to wind up with 2
sets of coils with different coupling factors, and associated difference
in regulation, which would be a disaster.

However, the winding arrangement of choice is the extended Delta
connection. Although the North report does explicitly not tell, which
relation rules, btwn. the "in delta" winding no., and the external
winding no.so that they each get a 15 degrees shift..
I could buy a couple of books, and learn there, but someone on the list
is likelt able to answer.

I have an idea, that the relationship is 5.08-1, but that is just a
chance guess.
>From here:

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:EDiyqCrme24C:wwwinfo.cern.ch/ce/ae/Sabe
r/Modelling/trans_1b.ps+extended+delta+transformer&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Does anybody know the relationship btwn. the outside extended winding
no. and the "In Delta" winding no. of a 3 phase transformer, with 6
secondary windings, each set of 3 wound as exrtended delta configuration
to produce + - 15 degrees of phase shift btwn winding sets?

Cheers, Finn Hammer