Re: Solid State Tesla Coil - Mysterious Electrical Shocks

Original poster: "D.C. Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

Dan:

We've experienced this with a well grounded control box.

It's not the box the EM field is charging --- it's you!

You are standing there like a nice 160 pF capacitor (average 170 lb man)
slightly insulated from ground with your shoes.  You touch the grounded
control box and the charge transfers from you to ground. Wearing a grounded
wriststrap with a 600K 1/2 watt resistor will work too but it isn't a good
idea to do this around high voltage.

Just keep your controller slightly further away to eliminate this problem.

Dr. Resonance