Solid State Tesla Coil - Mysterious Electrical Shocks

Original poster: "Alan Sharp by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <AlanSharp-at-compuserve-dot-com>

Dan,

The short answer is no - the em fields affect the soggy nature of the
controller.
 - you are linked by a capacitor to your toriod. Its only a few pf but it
still means
that you get charged up and when you touch earth - zap - I've had tiny
burns to
my finger tips this way. Conventional coils can do this too.

Glad to hear the big SSTC is working again.

Alan Sharp

I was operating my larger Solid State Tesla Coil last night and as I had
one
hand on my control box turning the unit on and off, I experienced a rather
nasty tingling shock on my fingers.  I made checks on the control box and
everything is grounded and terminated correctly.

Could this be a result of the large EM fields affecting the mettalic nature
of the control box???

Thanks
Dan
<