Re: Solid State Tesla Coil - Mysterious Electrical Shocks

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:27:45 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "S Gaeta by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>
>
> Dan,
>
> Be especially careful if for any reason your SSTC is running, and
> fails to
> break out! You will have so much RF in your shack that your head
> will spin!

[snipped]

I can agree with that.  I note that my mains current goes way down as
soon as the sparks break out.  Prior to break-out, all that power is
going somewhere:  Out!

And Sue...I wonder if you might consider adapting your VT coil to
self-tuning?  If you power the tube from some kind of amplifier, you
should quite readily be able to use the secondary's return-current,
suitably phase-shifted, as the excitation for that amplifier.  Think of
it:  Always in tune!  No more wood-burning!!

Ken Herrick