glass discharge sphere... lawn gazing balls

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Saw a glass gazing ball and picked one up a month or so ago.

the metal coating is on the inside.  i didn't really care, I figured
the arc would overcome the mild insulatation of the thin glass.

WELL... I did get it to arc a few times. and it did look cool when it did
arc. danced all over it.

BUT it was like 90 dollars for an 18inch one.  and essentially i was having
problems getting breakout from it and (the best part)

it holds charges quite well.  I got  zapped quite a few times from it.
holding an 18" glass ball that weighs at least 10pounds and -at random- it
zaps you. not pleasant.

just a warning to those who might think about getting these.

larry d.